Did you know that your windows require maintenance? This month Express Glass share their expert tips to keep your property at it’s best.
- Why do windows need maintenance?
Consider the environment in which windows function.
They’re subject to extreme weather temperatures from extreme dry to wet and humid conditions, not to mention wind, hail, ultraviolet light and more. Then there’s the regular openings and closings which overtime cause excessive wear and tear.
2. What happens when there’s no maintenance?
- Finishes fail
- Sealants lose flexibility
- Components rot or corrode
- Insects bore into wood and movable parts can deflect
- Window glass becomes lose, dangerous and cracks/shatters
Unfortunately, without window maintenance the damage becomes cumulative and eventually replacement may become the only economical option, so it’s best to attend to any damaged windows immediately.
3. How do I arrange window maintenance?
Simply contact ‘Express Glass Window Maintenance’ on 1300 666 234 or book here now and we’ll coordinate a time to fix your damaged windows.
All our inspections are tailored to the type of window and the symptoms specific to those windows so, whether your window type be:
We’ll look at wear and tear such as:
- Sash repairs
- Window film
- Corrosion and rust
- Glass damage
- Rot and decay
- Install window locks
- And much more!
4. What can I do in the meantime?
- Clean the tracks of your windows (and doors) and remove any dirt
- Check the sealant around the edge of your windows, it should be nice and tight
- Trim any low over hanging and overgrown branches away from your windows
- Secure or put away any loose items on your balcony, in the event of a storm you don’t want them flying around
- Book in with the Express Glass Window Maintenance team to fix your windows
Contact our Customer Service team on 1300 666 234 or book online here now and we’ll ensure the ‘Express Glass Window Maintenance’ team is with you soon. Done!