30 Apr Rocking Recipe: Mother’s Day Red Velvet Cake Balls
Rocking Recipe: Mother’s Day Red Velvet Cake Balls
Mothers are without a doubt some of the most important people on the planet and when it’s Mother’s Day it’s your chance to show her how much you love her. Nothing says “I love you” like some time, effort and chocolate put into making something special for your mum, so its time to get to work…
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (and ingredients called for on box)
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- Pink candy melts
- Red candy melts
- Make cake and bake according to box instructions.
- Crumble up your cake into a large bowl
- Add your cream cheese frosting to your crumbled cake and stir everything together till blended
- Shape mixture into about 50 cakes balls and place on a lined cookie sheet
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes
- Put white chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, then stir, then an additional 30 seconds, then stir, then another 30 seconds if needed until creamy
- Stick a toothpick into each cake pop and dip them into white chocolate covering completely. Allow excess to drip off back into the bowl
- Top with your favourite sprinkles if desired
- Allow chocolate to set completely.
- Melt candy melts in small microwave bowl in microwave until smooth
- Drizzle candy melts over the top of cake balls to decorate
- Store cake balls in the fridge in a zip-lock bag or airtight container for 4-5 days.